Thursday, August 25, 2005

love lost

i have a half-brother. we have the same father. and i use that term loosely.

we didn't grow up together because we were raised by our respective mothers. but when we spent time together, which was usually every other weekend, we dug each other. i mean, he's my kid brother! we used to have wrestling matches with our dad...back when kerry von erich and the rest of the von erich family were cool. we even had our own wrestling names.

his life wasn't that easy - his mom was a little off, you know the story ... blah blah blah. his mother died a couple of years ago from lung cancer. he got married. he and his wife had a baby...i missed it all, because over the years, we've spent less and less time in the vicinity of each other. our grandfather died a little over a year ago. he sat next to me at the funeral...he laid his head on my shoulder, and he cried in my arms. the first time i've ever actually been there for him when he needed me...and as silly as that sounds, i cherish that.

i have a nephew running around out there that i haven't seen in years.

so today, i was in the car at a stoplight. and he turned right in front of me. my sweet baby brother...blonde hair, beautiful blue eyes. i knew him instantly. he was on his phone. i honked...he didn't notice. i don't know how to find him - i'm not close to that side of my family.

i've lost my brother.

i miss you, bruiser.

4 comments:

Fred said...

Wow - what can I say? I hope you guys can hook up sometime soon; it sounds like you have a lot to catch up on.

SassyFemme said...

You can find just about anyone online, sometimes for free, sometimes for a small fee with things like USA people search. If you want to get back in touch with him, do it! :)

Robin said...

Oh gosh, how painful for you! I would have been so angry!

I found my half-brother online a few years back. There is 1800USSEARCH.com. I actually found him by searching Google. Try to find him, it will be worth it. Trust me.

Mike said...

When you are out in public, just hold out the Von Erich Claw and maybe he will run his big blond head right into it, just like old times!



Hope you see him soon.