Wednesday, November 17, 2004

i swam to work today

hello, boys and girls. let me tell you about noah's ark. the rains came, and...

well, that's what it feels like around north texas these days. i expect to see noah on my doorstep any day now saying that he needs a female electroneurodiagnostic technologist to set sail with him and all of the other creatures on the 2004 model of the ark. don't get me wrong - i LOVE the rain. i love to take long walks in warm spring rain...i like to listen to the rain and fall asleep...i like to watch my daughter laughing and playing in the rain. but come on, now...let's get real. i'm not a hundred percent sure when i saw the sun last...that can't be good. *sigh* on to bigger and better things...

the cowboys lost again on monday. and we're going to replace vinny testaverde when???? sheesh! come on, coach...pull your head out of your hiney and do something! ah, who cares? i'm a packer fan anyway...

single motherhood can suck sometimes. i mean ROYALLY SUCK. but you know what? i have an awesome mom. she raised me as a single mother, so she knows the shoes i'm in. we didn't quite get to this point in the same manner (my father is an alcoholic drug-addict and my ex-husband left me for another woman), but she knows the things i'm dealing with. my ex lives several hours away from here because he's in the Navy, so he doesn't get to see her very much...her great-grandparents are elderly and their health is beginning to fail. i've never left pete (my daughter) with a babysitter - she's always stayed with family. so until last night, i hadn't been out alone in quite some time. she called yesterday and wanted to keep her for not just one, but TWO nights!!!! woo hoooooooooooooooo!!!!! my mom rocks. so i think that, for my own sanity, i need to start looking for a babysitter. she's old enough now to be left with a teenager for a few hours, right?? she's 7. either that, or i'll come home and my place will be in ashes. oh, the agony of it all...no wonder i don't sleep at night!

so...do i have a conclusion for today? you bet!
a) mom, if you should ever read this - i love you, and you're the best mother a daughter could ever ask for ...

and...

b) John Kerry just called president Bush to concede the election. He did ask
that as a provision of the concession that he be allowed to receive a Purple
Heart medal for injuries received in the ass whipping

that's all for now. take care...

2 comments:

Mike said...

The wife has worked 463,356 hours this week. Having the kids by my self almost 29 hours a day has been tough, but at some point, the front door opens and in comes another human adult (who may be even more tired than me), and I am glad that I am not raising these kids as a single parent.

My highest respect to you who do it alone. AND Thanks for Grandmas...

sparkydiva said...

thanks. that really means a lot.

b